|Features and Benefits|
iCommunicator promotes independent communication for persons who are deaf or hard-of-hearing and encourages increased literacy by "translating" English a number of ways:
The iCommunicator translates in real-time:
• Speech to Text
• Speech/Text to Video Sign-Language
• Speech/Text to Computer Generated Voice
Once translated, the user can easily:
• Use the built-in dictionary / Thesaurus to obtain definitions, synonyms and antonyms
• Perform internet searches for more information
30,000 Word Signing Library
One of the most distinctive features of iCommunicator is its database of sign language videos. Using its built-in thesaurus, iCommunicator is able to recognize 30,000 words with our database of over 9,000 individual video clips. The videos were filmed using a sophisticated technique allowing for consistent, high-quality videos. They are displayed with nearly seamless continuity allowing the viewer to easily comprehend the spoken word and its associated sign.
250,000 English Word Library
Using sophisticated and patented speech recognition technology by Dragon NaturallySpeaking, iCommunicator is able to accurately understand and convert more than 250,000 words, which can be expanded by the user, and automatically filters out the "um's" and "aah's" that naturally occur in speech.
• More accurate than ever before.
• Never makes a spelling mistake, and gets smarter the more you use it!
• Speech files can be created in 10 minutes with 95% voice recognition accuracy.
• Increasing your accuracy is as easy as reading to your computer.
• Multiple users can easily be setup to use one iCommunicator.
• Speech files can be backed-up or exported.
Built-in Computer Generated Voice
Helps Improve Speech Recognition and Intelligibility
iCommunicator’s computer generated voice provides two functions:
Built-in Dictionary and Thesaurus
Easy access to definitions, synonyms and antonyms
iCommunicator’s extensive up-to-date dictionary and Thesaurus database features:
• Definitions, synonyms and antonyms including many compound and proper nouns
• Word relations: find antonyms, parts or types, less specific words, etc.
• Over 124,000 synonym sets and 156,000 root words
• Search over 240,000 words, compounds and derived forms
• 70 000+ pronunciations, with pop-up hint pronunciation key
• 49,000 usage examples
• Suggestions for many misspellings
iText™ works with your software
Translate all your electronic documents with one click
iCommunicator’s iText tool allows you to translate text from web pages, email, word processing documents, and other software applications. With one click this information is copied to the iCommunicator Text window and then translated to Sign-Language or read the user.
iCommunicator adjusts to meet the needs of each user
• Signing speed can be slowed down or sped up.
• Both the speed and pitch of the computer generated voice is adjustable.
• Background colors are changeable for easier viewing.
• Typeface size can be increased or decreased.
• Typeface type can be changed.
• Adjustable signing window (custom mode only)
• Formulate questions and statements for immediate response in class, during
meetings, or personal conversations
• "Quick Say" Hot keys allow 21 prepared sentences to be spoken with
• Quickly navigate the keyboard using hotkeys
• Autosave protect notes and transcripts
• Eliminate unwanted translations by monitoring the onscreen microphone ON/OFF
• Locate individual signs using the word list feature
• Individual user settings are automatically saved in each users Windows profile.
Special Features for Speakers
Easily converse with persons who have special communication needs
• Most speakers achieve 92% (or better) speech and voice recognition translation in 15
minutes of training time.
• Enhanced speech and voice recognition translation accuracy through
iCommunicator's expertly integrated system.
• User friendly on-screen prompts and dialogue boxes to assist speakers during
speech/voice recognition training.
• Speaker verification window to protect the user's speech/voice files.
• Fine tuning of speech/voice file through a guided vocabulary building process.
• Ability to decrease speech/voice recognition training time by analyzing document
(e.g., electronic versions of texts and manuscripts, scanned materials, summaries,
glossaries, and vocabulary lists).
• Fine tune speech/voice file using special features in Dragon NaturallySpeaking, such
as the Accuracy Center and the Acoustic Optimizer.
Section 508 Compatibility
Compatible with Microsoft Accessibility Options
iCommunicator is committed to helping the government, as well as private and public sector businesses, provide improved accessibility of information and technology through its products, information, services, and programs. As such, iCommunicator meets Section 508 requirements for electronic and information technology accessibility.
Supporting employees and customers with disabilities makes sense
iCommunicator gives you the means to improve employee moral and gain new customers by providing an easy way for them to communicate with you and your staff.
Businesses that support people with disabilities by complying with the applicable requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may be eligible for a "disabled access credit" under Section 44 of the IRS Tax Code.
Listed below are the qualifications for this type of expenditure, in which iCommunicator qualifies:
|Receive Updates on iCommunicator News – Join our Mailing List|